Accent Improvement Courses - Sydney
My name is Joe Klein and I am a qualified and experienced
speech trainer with a teaching diploma from Trinity College
London. I am passionate about
all aspects of speech, voice
and verbal and
non verbal communication. In the past
15 years I have
coached over a thousand private and corporate clients in accent
modification, business communication and public speaking and
As well as accent reduction, many of my
clients have indicated that they find it challenging
to communicate effectively in both the work
environment and socially. The following topics can
be incorporated into
- Communication skills in the workplace.
- Assertiveness training.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Voice projection and correct breathing techniques
- Confidence through better vocal modulation and
- Building rapport by verbal and non-verbal
- Impromptu speaking.
The above topics can be incorporated into your accent
improvement lessons in any combination you wish.
In most cases, all topics can be covered in 4 one hour
sessions. It is best to spread the lessons over 4 weeks (ie
one lesson per week).
About half my clients are from English speaking backgrounds,
while for the other half English is a second language
My hourly rate for 2012/2013 is
can be made either in advance or at the time of each private
A tax invoice will be issued in case you wish to claim the
cost of the
tuition fees in your tax return. Payments can be made by
cash, cheque or credit card.
My clients: About half
my clients are from an English speaking background with
Australian, English, Scottish, Irish, South African and
North American dialects. Those with non English backgrounds
come from China (Cantonese and Mandarin speakers), Russia,
France and all parts of Europe, Africa and South America.
By the end of your course, you will:
- Be able to pronounce all vowels and consonants correctly.
- Have an understanding of which syllable(s) to stress.
- Be more confident in your social and business
- Have better voice projection and tonal quality.
- Be able to use vocal modulation to convey what you mean
Your progress and results will depend on three
1) At what age you first started speaking English (If you
started at age 15 or later, we can still substantially
improve your accent, but you are unlikely to ever sound like a
2) How much time you allocate to practicing the skills I
3) How well you can imitate sounds and speech patterns.
Hourly Rate: $100
If you would like further
information, or would like to make an appointment in Sydney:
9389 8440 Mobile:
0410 693 749
3/125 MacPherson Street Bronte
04 October, 2012 15:18
For professionals ready for
an "image boost", please consider
professional portrait photography for your CV.